Don't blow it this 4th of July - leave the lighting to the professionals!
The ONLY type of consumer fireworks that are LEGAL in KDH are caps, snakes and glow worms, smoke devices, trick noise-makers, sparklers and other sparkling devices, such as fountains.
If you do decide to use legal consumer fireworks in an area where the use of these devices is permitted, here are a few tips to keep you safe:
- Don't allow children to play with or light the devices.
- Light only one device at a time and quickly move away to enjoy the show.
- Never place any part of your body overtop the device.
- Have a bucket of water or water hose readily available where you are lighting the fireworks in case a fire starts.
- Do not attempt to relight a device that does not ignite and properly fire. Instead, soak it in water before properly disposing of it.
- Thoroughly soak all devices prior to disposing of them.
Before lighting any fireworks—and to find out more information about each individual town or village’s ordinances and specific rules and regulations—visit www.DareNC.com/Fireworks.