With schools starting, Kill Devil Hills Ocean Rescue has lost a number of its staff. As a result, numerous lifeguard stands have been removed from the beach.
Stands are currently located at: Avalon Pier, 1st St., Woodmere Ave., Ocean Bay Blvd., and Neptune Dr.
Roving patrols will continue along our beach. However, if you do not see a lifeguard present and have an emergency dial 911.
- 𝑲𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒍𝒊𝒎𝒊𝒕𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒔: 𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒑𝒆𝒄𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒂𝒗𝒐𝒊𝒅 𝒖𝒏𝒔𝒂𝒇𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒐𝒓𝒔.
- 𝑵𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒘𝒊𝒎 𝒂𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒆, 𝒔𝒘𝒊𝒎 𝒃𝒚 𝒂 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆𝒈𝒖𝒂𝒓𝒅 𝒂𝒏𝒅/𝒐𝒓 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒘𝒂𝒕𝒄𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒆𝒏𝒕.
- 𝑲𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒕𝒐 𝒓𝒆𝒄𝒐𝒈𝒏𝒊𝒛𝒆, 𝒂𝒗𝒐𝒊𝒅, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒖𝒓𝒗𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒓𝒊𝒑 𝒄𝒖𝒓𝒓𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒔.
- 𝑺𝒘𝒊𝒎 𝒐𝒏𝒍𝒚 𝒊𝒏 𝒔𝒂𝒇𝒆 𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒔, 𝒇𝒓𝒆𝒆 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒘𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒉𝒂𝒛𝒂𝒓𝒅𝒔.
- 𝑫𝒐 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒅𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒉𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒐𝒘 𝒐𝒓 𝒖𝒏𝒄𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝒘𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒓; 𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒕 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒔𝒕.
- 𝑲𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒕𝒐 𝒄𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒉𝒆𝒍𝒑.
For more beach safety tips, visit: lovethebeachrespecttheocean.com