The doors will open for seating beginning at 8 a.m., with a full breakfast to be served starting at 8:30 a.m. Chairman Woodard’s presentation—whose 2023 theme is “Caring for Our Community—A Nurturing Place Where All Can Live and Grow”—will begin at 9 a.m.
During the presentation, Woodard will touch on an array of topics that are important to the citizens of Dare County, including:
- Ongoing efforts to construct essential and workforce housing developments
- Beach nourishment to replenish eroding stretches of shoreline
- Ensuring the continued accessibility and navigability of area waterways for commercial and recreational fishermen
- Continued commitment to high-quality educational opportunities for local students
- Combating the opioid crisis that is affecting so many individuals and families within the Outer Banks community
Advanced registration is required in order to attend the event. To learn more and register online, please visit www.DareNC.gov/StateOfTheCounty by Wednesday, January 18, 2023.
Registration fee: The cost to attend the 2023 State of the County is $10, which includes a full breakfast provided by Captain George’s Seafood Restaurant as well as attendance to the chairman’s State of the County presentation.