Applications and Forms

Acknowledgment of Floodplain Regulations

  • Acknowledgement of Floodplain Regulations - AE, AO, Shaded X, and X Zones
  • Acknowledgement of Floodplain Regulations - VE Zone

C.A.M.A. Minor Permit

  • C.A.M.A. Minor Permit - Depending on the size of your project and the possible impacts on the coastal environment (ocean, sound, waterways, etc.), you may need a C.A.M.A. permit. If you are unsure, call Donna Elliott at (252) 449-5310 to see if this permit is required for your project.

Change of Use Application

Code Amendment Application

  • Code Amendment Application - The purpose of the Code Amendment Application is to request a code amendment, or a permanent alteration, to the Kill Devil Hills Town Code. 

Commercial Yard Sale Application

Fee Schedule

  • 2023-2024 Fee Schedule - Included in this fee schedule for the Town are development review and building permit fees which can be used to estimate permitting costs for projects.

Non-Conversion Agreement

  • Non-Conversion Agreement - Whenever an area is enclosed below the regulatory flood protection level, a Non-Conversion Agreement must be submitted.

Owner Authorization Form

  • Owner Authorization Form - Whenever an agent/contractor is acquiring a permit for a property owner, an Owner Authorization Form must be submitted.

Permit Applications

Residential Permitting Guidelines

  • Matrix for Residential Permitting - This matrix details the general guidelines for residential permitting and displays the items you may need to obtain as part of the permitting process. **Please note: these guidelines are typical requirements. Each application will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and may require additional materials, depending on the project. Please call our office at (252) 449-5318 anytime Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. if you have any questions or would like further clarification.

Site Plan Review

Special Event Application

Trade Affidavits

  • Trade Affidavit - In any construction project where licensed professional work is required, a trade affidavit is required to be submitted as part of the process. This form can be used for multiple trades, including plumbing, mechanical, electrical, and gas piping.

Variance Application

  • Variance Application - The purpose of the variance application is to request an exception to the Town Zoning Code, and it aims to help citizens seek relief from unnecessary hardship resulting from the strict enforcement of such code.

Have additional questions? Call our department at (252) 449-5318, and we would be happy to help!